Total Pageviews

Monday, August 13, 2012

I HAVE A QUESTION, I'LL HAVE TO ASK YOU BECAUSE THE BOARD DOESN'T ANSWER all RESIDENTS - JUST SOME - IT DEPENDS

If you are a regular reader you'll understand the sarcastic title.  Maybe you know the answer to my question.  If not maybe you could ask the Board and the management company and provide the answer.

I was listening to the tape of the July WPA Board Meeting, under new business.  Board Member DeMarchi was the speaker.  He stated that there had been a request to install rumble strips on the state road, prior to entering the plantation.  He said we have maniacs driving here.  Mr. LaFrance is going to do some investigating with the state and report back.

My question is who and how did the person who made the request, make the request.  Remember, this was a discussion at the July Board Meeting.  I thought all requests, questions, etc., to the Board were to be put in writing.  I made an appointment to review the correspondence file, after the July Board Meeting.  I didn't see a written request for rumble strips in the correspondence file.  Why?  Is there more than one correspondence file?  Has some Board Member filed the request in their personal correspondence file?  I just don't know.  I checked with another member who had reviewed the correspondence file and they stated it wasn't there when they reviewed it.

No big deal?  It may be.  I'm tired of oops governance.  Things found after the fact.  Do we need rumble strips?  I don't know, but during the same report it was stated that we had to do something on Wedgefield Road at the intersection with Francis Parker.  Someone mentioned that we had a stop sign there, but took it out (last year).  Today, we require something for the safety of our residents, and tomorrow we don't.  Either way, could someone please tell me who asked for the rumble strips and where the written request is?


You can listen to the tape, under New Business, at The Wedgefield Times.

Anyone is welcome to write to The Wedgefield Examiner via email: wedgefieldexaminer@yahoo.com. Remember to note whether you would like your name published with your article. The option is open to anyone who writes.