Total Pageviews

Monday, August 13, 2012

AFTER MONTHS, THE PROMISE OF AN ANSWER - NO ANSWER

If you have been following the blog, you know that I've been waiting almost three months for answers to my written questions to the Board.  Finally, about a week and a half ago I received an email from Mr. LaFrance, from the management company.  NOTE that he and the Board don't know which questions have been answered.  I email him back and take my correspondence and note whether I have received an answer or not, (NOT is key).

You'll note he was going to answer me last week.  TO DATE, I HAVEN'T RECEIVED AN ANSWER.  READ FURTHER DOWN IN THE BLOG AND YOU WILL SEE THE NON ANSWER, RESIDENT JUDE DAVIS, WAITED MONTHS FOR.  Hope I don't get that kind of non information, double talk. 

HERE IS MR. LA FRANCE'S EMAIL AND MY RESPONSE:




Edmund LaFrance <elafrance@wmdouglas.com>



mclaveloux
Subject:RE: Letter to Wedgefield Board
Priority:Normal Date:Friday, August 3, 2012 1:06 PM Size:4 KB
Thank you for your response to my email. I intend to follow up on all unanswered 
questions that you have provided me throughout next week.  
 
Thanks, 
 
Edmund LaFrance 
Property Manager 
William Douglas Management 
 
Phone: 843-492-0088 
Fax: 843-492-0085 
 
 
-----Original Message----- 
From: mclaveloux
Sent: Thursday, August 02, 2012 12:41 PM 
To: elafrance@wmdouglas.com 
Subject: Fwd: Letter to Wedgefield Board 
 
Please distribute to the WPA Board and place a copy in the Correspondence File. 
 
Mr. La France, 
 
The original letter I sent you is attached.  Below, as promised, I have noted 
whether I received a response. 
 
*REQUEST FOR COPY:  Received no answer from you or the Board.  I finally wrote 
the Board, set my own appointment, and received a copy. 
 
*PROVISION OF INFORMATION:  Again, I was allowed to view the Policy.  Neither 
you, or the Board provided what I asked for.  I'm not an attorney or an 
insurance expert, but during my review, I found no coverage for volunteer 
committee members.  I'm told, certainly not by you, or the Board, the President 
Walton called the insurance company to secure an answer and he has not informed 
me, or our WPA residents.  
 
*CLARIFICATION:  No answer from you, or the Board 
 
*REQUEST FOR ARCHIVED DOCUMENT: Received no answer from you or the Board.  I 
finally wrote the Board, set my own appointment, and received a copy.  I believe 
the residents were lied to.  This has never been part of the policy.  I will 
provide the history when I speak at the August Board Meeting. 
 
*OBJECTION & CLARIFICATION:  No answer from you or the Board.  As a result, I 
resigned from the Canal Committee, something both you and the Board preferred. 
 
Again, I answered this questions, sent them to the Board, published them on The 
Wedgefield Examiner.  
 
Do my answers stand as record? 
 

I'm not surprised by any of this.  When YOUR BOARD isn't held accountable by the residents, how can YOU believe that they can supervise or hold a vendor, accountable.  I don't believe this management company is a poor vendor.  I believe they are trying to deal with YOUR neurotic board.  Remember, we don't know what the management contract responsibilities are, because your Board has said we can't see the contract.  Must be another one of those confidential secrets, we are all paying for.

We have the unoffical list of candidates to be voted on for the 2012 Annual Meeting (See following articles).    We have three vacancies and four candidates.  The only new candidate is Taco Wijthoff.  The other three have been sitting at your Board table for several months, to almost a year.  They have raised their hands and voted on the Confidentiality Agreement, with the sole intent, of keeping the Board secrets.  I'm voting for Wijthoff! 

He's submitted the requred form on time.  I sure hope there aren't any tricks coming his way, to keep him off the ballot.  Suspicious?  YES!  We'll see.

Anyone is welcome to write to The Wedgefield Examiner via email: wedgefieldexaminer@yahoo.com. Remember to note whether you would like your name published with your article. The option is open to anyone who writes.