Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

REVIEW OF CORRESPONDENCE FILE INDICATES MORE UNANSWERED QUESTIONS

My visit to the WPA office to review the correspondence file was unsettling at best.  Kathy, our staff secretary, is always pleasant, and provides what she has been allowed, without any leaks regarding the Board.  So, Board you can be reassured that she is performing as she should.  Why the clarification?  The Board, so over burdened with their secrets, often look amongst each other for a scape goat to blame, if information you and I should have, is leaked.  No one is immune to being accused of letting out their secrets.

I never go to the office unannounced.  In the past, when I wanted to review a file, I wrote and asked when it would be convenient.  As you know, the Board doesn't answer me.  In fact, Secretary DeMarchi, then put in writing to ANOTHER resident (break of confidentiality?), just how demanding I am.  So now, I just write and tell them when I'll be there.  Here is the email announcing my visit on August 14th:
_______________________________________________________________________________
Board,
This morning I received a By-Law amendment in a white envelope, left over night. 
Maybe it was the golf cart circling our canal last night at 10:00PM, with no
lights!  Whoever it was, or whenever it was left for me, I am grateful.  I've
published it on the Wedgefield Examiner.

I will come to the office to review the Correspondence file on Tuesday, August
14th, at 11:00AM.  Since anything that comes to the office is CORRESPONDENCE,
I'm sure I'll find my By-Law in the file, along with the one from the "other
XXXX".  Additionally, I hope to see Mr. LaFrance's answers to my long over due
for a response, questions.  Proper purpose:  I don't believe you are keeping the
file up to date. 

WHY IS SECRETARY DEMARCHI TELLING PEOPLE I GET ANSWERED IMMEDIATELY?  IS THERE NO CONFIDENTIALITY IN THAT OFFICE?  THIS ISN'T THE DEAD LETTER OFFICE, I DON'T HAVE ANSWERS.
_________________________________________________________________________________

As I greeted Kathy and she handed me the Correspondence file, she said she had been told to tell me the following, "that in regard to the amendments to the by-laws that they have to go to legal first."  In most offices anything that comes in, in written form, is correspondence.  A copy should have been date stamped, with a time of day notation, and placed in the file.  We all had to follow rules, whether it was on your candidate for board submission, or your by-law change.  Most notably, you were required to submit your information at a certain date and time.  Forget any office, this is Wedgefield's office, home of secrets, underground games between resident and Board factions, and where trust has long since evaporated.  In the least, wouldn't you have thought that the Board would have covered themselves by putting the information in the file?  "Has to go to Legal", has become nothing but one of Wedgefield's dark holes, a bottom less pit!  The amendments and the candidate submissions were not in the file.

Mr. LaFrance's promised responses to my questions were not in the file. LaFrance's answers (not) to Jude Davis, were not in the file.  Take time to read, "After Months, The Promise of an Answer - No Answer.  This is his response to Davis, provided to the blog, by Davis.  I went back to her letter to the Board.  My article is correct, she received no real answers, and some questions were ignored.

HERE THEY ARE from her June 20th letter:  1) According to the financial report the WPA sent the management company $53,000 in May.  Since this amount is $20,000 more than the number tossed around, why?  Mr. LaFrance should have jumped on that question and had the answer in minutes.

2) I am extremely uncomfortable with Mr. Moody's interpretation of the insurance company's extension of indemnification to volunteers.  Could you have the insurance company confirm this indemnification in writing?  Isn't two months long enough to wait for something that could have been secured easily?  Instead, read the article and review the run around she gets. Additionally, she was in the office weeks ago when President Walton said he was calling the insurance company for the answer.  To date, if he has it, he isn't sharing it.  Why?

3) Is it legal for the WPA to give away association property?  Doesn't this property belong to all members?  La France didn't touch that.  No answer.

Residents, this is about more than having your letters to the Board answered. It is about the agenda of your Board.  It is about refusal to recognize that your Board is selecting who is important enough to answer, when we all pay the same assessment, per lot. We are all investors in our community and should be treated equally.  DeMarchi has made enough rules and procedures regarding correspondence to compete with the federal tax code. Davis must  be listed as a non resident.  Read, "Another Concerned Citizen Receives Immediate Attention From Secretary DeMarchi."

NOTE TO THE BOARD:  I'd start working on getting all correspondence into the correspondence file.  What do I mean?  For instance, Secretary De Marchi, stated that there had been a request for rumble strips on the state road leading to the association, at the July Board Meeting.  Since all requests are to be in writing, one would assume the request would be in the file.  I've checked twice now, and there isn't one.  Rumor is that it is DeMarchi who wants the rumble strips.  If true, in the least he should have written his own request and sent it to the office to be placed in the file.  He's a resident.  Even, if it was in the file, why is our Board jumping through hoops, at one request.  Sometimes, the answer to a resident is "no".  I know that, because when you don't answer me, it is the same as 'no".

Anyone is welcome to write to The Wedgefield Examiner via email: wedgefieldexaminer@yahoo.com. Remember to note whether you would like your name published with your article. The option is open to anyone who writes.